Withdrawing funds from eToro is a straightforward process, accessible directly through their platform. However, it's crucial to familiarize yourself with their policies and conditions to ensure a smooth and successful transaction.
Open an account!
77% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
When Can You Withdraw?
eToro allows verified clients to withdraw funds at any time, with no specific restrictions on timing.
Withdrawing on Non-Business Days or Weekends
- You can initiate a withdrawal from eToro whenever you wish, including weekends.
- Keep in mind that withdrawal requests are only processed during working days (Monday to Friday).
- Public or bank holidays are considered non-working days.
- The deadline for withdrawal requests on business days is 11:00 am Eastern European Time.
- Requests made on non-working days or after the cutoff time are processed on the next business day.
Supported Withdrawal Methods
eToro's Withdrawal Policy and Prioritization
eToro processes withdrawals by returning funds to the original payment method used for depositing. In cases where multiple payment methods were used, eToro follows this order of priority:
- Credit Card
- Bank Transfer
The order of payment methods used for depositing does not affect this prioritization. For instance, even if a deposit was made through PayPal or bank transfer before using a credit card, the withdrawal will first be directed to the credit card.
Credit Card Withdrawals
The initial credit card used for funding your eToro account will be the same card credited during withdrawals. The funds will be returned not as cash but as a credit card refund. It's essential to ensure that the card is solely in your name and not part of a joint account.
Withdrawal to a PayPal account is only possible if this payment method was previously used for depositing funds into your eToro account.
Bank Transfer Withdrawals
For bank transfer withdrawals, you must provide eToro with your complete bank account details, including the ABA routing number, which must be Fedwire eligible. Accurate details are vital to prevent any delays or complications in the withdrawal process.
Withdrawal Fees on eToro
Understanding the Cost of Withdrawing Funds
eToro charges a fixed fee of $5 for each withdrawal request, regardless of the amount withdrawn. Whether you're withdrawing $30 or $1000, the fee remains constant at $5 per transaction.
- Currency Conversion: Withdrawals in a currency other than USD will incur a conversion fee.
- Transfer Charges: The payment provider handling your transfer may also impose additional fees.
Exchange Rate for Withdrawals
The exchange rate applied by eToro is based on the currency of your eToro account and the currency of your chosen withdrawal method. eToro uses the prevailing market exchange rate at the time of your withdrawal.
- Exchange rates are subject to frequent fluctuations, which can affect the final amount received after processing the withdrawal.
- Some withdrawal methods might incur conversion fees or offer less favorable exchange rates. It's advisable to be well-informed about the fees and terms of your chosen withdrawal method before initiating a withdrawal.
Withdrawal Fees and Process for eToro Users in the USA
eToro's Policies for US-Based Traders and Premium Members
For USA Traders:
- If your account is registered with eToro USA LLC or you are a resident of the United States, eToro does not charge a withdrawal fee.
- However, be aware that your bank may impose fees for receiving funds. It's recommended to consult your bank about potential charges before withdrawing.
Platinum, Platinum+, and Diamond Accounts
- eToro Club members at the Platinum, Platinum+, and Diamond levels are exempt from withdrawal fees.
- Access the “Withdraw Funds” option on the eToro trading platform. A pop-up window will appear.
- Input the desired withdrawal amount and click “Submit.”
- Review any notices about potential missed opportunities or loss of eligibility for benefits. If these are not a concern, click “Continue.” If unsure, select “Cancel Withdraw.”
- Select the reason for your withdrawal from the provided options (e.g., withdrawing profits, personal needs, dissatisfaction with the platform, moving to a competitor).
- Confirm the selection by clicking “Continue.”
- The system will notify you that the withdrawal will be processed using a previous funding method. Click “Submit Request.”
- Note: You may need to provide an alternative payment method if the full requested amount cannot be sent to your primary method.
- You'll receive a confirmation of your submission and details on processing time, along with the final amount after deducting the $5 fee and any applicable charges.
Withdrawal Processing Time on eToro
Understanding the Timeline for Receiving Your Funds
Processing Time vs. Receipt of Funds:
It's crucial to differentiate between the processing time of a withdrawal (handled by eToro) and the time it takes for the funds to be received (dependent on the payment service provider).
Processing of Withdrawal Request
- eToro typically processes withdrawal requests within 1 working day, provided all necessary details are correctly submitted.
Receiving the Funds
- The time frame for the funds to appear in your account varies based on the chosen payment method. This duration is controlled by the payment service provider and not eToro.
Cancelling a Withdrawal Request on eToro
How to Reverse Your Withdrawal Decision
If you've changed your mind about a withdrawal from eToro, you can cancel your request provided it hasn't yet been processed. Follow these steps to reverse a withdrawal:
- Navigate to the “Withdraw Funds” section on the eToro trading platform.
- A pop-up will appear. Click on the “Click Here” link to view your withdrawal history.
- Locate the specific withdrawal request you wish to cancel and select the “Reverse” button. A confirmation prompt will appear.
- Confirm the cancellation by clicking “Confirm.”
- Your account balance will be updated instantly to include the reversed funds and any associated fees.
Withdrawing from eToro
- To initiate a withdrawal, you need a verified eToro account. A green tick next to your username on your profile indicates verification status.
- If your account lacks a green tick, you may need to submit additional documentation. Contact eToro's support team for assistance or clarification.
Regarding Personal Details and Documents:
- Submitting personal details and documents is a standard requirement for licensed financial companies. This protocol aligns with financial regulations and serves as a security measure to ensure the legitimacy of withdrawal requests.
Minimum and Maximum Withdrawal Amounts
Understanding the Limits for Withdrawing Funds from eToro
- Minimum Withdrawal Amount: The minimum amount you can withdraw from your eToro account is $30 per transaction.
- Maximum Withdrawal Amount: There is no upper limit on the amount you can withdraw from eToro.
Withdrawing Cryptocurrency from eToro
Procedure for Transferring Cryptocurrencies to an External Wallet
- Cryptocurrency Transfer: To withdraw cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc., from eToro, you first need to transfer them to the eToro Wallet.
- Login Credentials: Use the same username and password for the eToro Wallet as you do for your trading account.
Steps to Transfer Cryptocurrency to the eToro Wallet:
- Navigate to your trading portfolio on the eToro platform.
- Select the specific cryptocurrency you wish to transfer.
- If you hold multiple positions in a single cryptoasset, you’ll see a detailed list of all positions. Choose the specific position you want to transfer.
- An "Edit Trade" pop-up will appear. Select "Transfer to Wallet." A "Transfer Coins" window will then display the transfer details.
- Confirm the transfer by clicking on "Transfer."
Once the cryptocurrency is in your eToro Wallet, you can then proceed to withdraw it to an external wallet of your choosing.
Withdrawal Issues on eToro
Understanding Common Reasons for Withdrawal Denial
If your withdrawal request on eToro has been declined, it may be due to the following reasons:
- Insufficient Funds: You may not have enough funds to cover all fees and any pending transactions.
- Compliance Issues: Your account or withdrawal request might have been flagged for suspicious activities, in line with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations.
Tracking Withdrawal History
To monitor your withdrawal transactions on eToro:
- Go to the “Withdraw Funds” section on the trading platform.
- Click on the “Click Here” link to view withdrawal history. This will provide details for each transaction, including:
- Transaction ID
- Type of Transaction
- Amount (and conversion rate for non-USD currencies)
Note: This page will list all transactions associated with your account, whether processed or pending.
Understanding eToro's Withdrawal Policy
eToro’s withdrawal policies and associated fees are detailed in their Terms and Conditions, which vary by country (like the UK and Australia) or region (such as Europe). It’s crucial to review the policies applicable to your location for a clear understanding of the withdrawal process.
Withdrawals for Unverified Accounts on eToro
Mandatory Verification Process for Withdrawals
eToro's Security Measures:
- eToro mandates account verification before any funds can be withdrawn. This policy ensures that withdrawals are made by the legitimate account owners.
- To verify your account, eToro requires personal information and proof of identity.
- Commonly requested documents include a passport or driver's license, and a proof of address such as a utility bill or bank statement.
Timing of Verification:
- The verification process may take some time. It's advisable to complete verification early to prevent delays in future withdrawals.
Frequency of Withdrawals:
- eToro imposes no restrictions on the frequency of withdrawals. You can withdraw funds as often as desired, as long as each transaction meets the minimum withdrawal amount and your account is in good standing.
Withdrawal Limits and Withdrawing Profits on eToro
Understanding the Constraints and Process
- Your withdrawal limit on eToro equals your total account balance minus any margin used. Margin refers to the funds utilized for opening trades on the platform. Thus, if you've used margin, your maximum withdrawal amount will be lower than your total account balance.
- To withdraw profits from eToro, ensure they are transferred to your account balance and not tied up in open trading positions.
- If you have profitable open positions, close them first to move the profits to your account balance, making them available for withdrawal.
Steps to Close an Open Position in eToro:
- Log into your eToro account.
- Go to the "Portfolio" tab.
- Select the open position you wish to close and open its trade details.
- Click the "Close Trade" button.
- A confirmation window will display the trade details.
- Review and confirm the closure of the trade.
- Closing a trade does not automatically result in profit or loss, as market conditions can fluctuate rapidly.
- Be aware that closing a leveraged trade might involve additional fees or charges.
- It's crucial to thoroughly understand the risks associated with trading and the impact of leveraged positions before executing any trades or closing existing ones.
Same-Day Withdrawals and Over-Withdrawal on eToro
Understanding Withdrawal Timings and Limitations
- eToro supports same-day withdrawals when transferring funds from your online trading account to the eToro Money wallet.
- Be aware that in some instances, withdrawals may be processed the next business day due to security checks or other operational reasons.
- Attempting to withdraw more funds than available in your eToro account will lead to the rejection of your withdrawal request.
- Withdrawals are limited to your account balance, deducting any funds committed as margin for open trades.
- An error message or automatic rejection will occur if you try to withdraw an amount exceeding your available balance.
- Always verify the actual funds available in your account before initiating a withdrawal.
Impact on Open Trades:
- Withdrawing funds used as a margin for open trades may result in the automatic closure of those trades.
- Margin funds are essential to maintain open positions. Removing these funds can lead to a failure to meet the margin requirements, prompting the system to close the trades.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 77% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy Trading does not amount to investment advice. The value of your investments may go up or down. Your capital is at risk.
Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply. Don't invest unless you're prepared to lose all the money you invest. This is a high-risk investment, and you should not expect to be protected if something goes wrong. Take 2 mins to learn more.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.